30.5.14

Catch up + a new member of the family!


It feels like a little while since I've properly caught up with you guys, so grab yourself a cuppa and let's have a good ol' natter.

I'm going to kick things off by introducing you to a new member of our family... His name is Sid, and he's a 7 week old golden retriever!

Rob and I have always talked about having a dog, but we wanted to wait until we were in the right situation and had the stability to look after him. Since we moved into our home, it's just felt like there's one little thing missing. I've always grown up with dogs and I find it so hard being away from my dogs at my parents' house, so we both agreed that now was the perfect time to have him.

He's a chubby little fella, that's for sure! The biggest of all his brothers and sisters (and there are ten of them!), he has this little waddle about him when he walks. We finally bring him home with us tomorrow, so I've been dog-proofing the boat in preparation for his arrival!

In other news, I feel like I'm finally getting back to my old self. I have spent a majority of the past few weeks in bed with some ridiculously painful stomach cramps. It sounds like I'm being overdramatic, but it felt like my insides were exploding. It put me down emotionally as well as physically, because I was just so upset that I didn't feel like doing anything. Isn't it weird that you can spend all day in bed and yet still be absolutely exhausted? Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better than what I was, so I can get back into the swing of things blog-wise.

Speaking of beds, as I've been spending a lot of time in mine, I came to realise the importance of a really good mattress. If you ever read any of my beauty posts, you'll know I always rave on about sleep being the most important beauty product you can ever have. Well, if you're struggling, I strongly suggest purchasing one of these bad boys from Bedz R Us (yes, it's a thing). It's called the 'Deep Sleep Silk 1000' and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I can honestly say I've never had a bad nights sleep on it, and as soon as my head hits that pillow, I'm gone until the morning.

Thanks for listening to me rambling - be sure to stay tuned for Sid updates ;-)

x

2 comments:

  1. Sid is gorgeous! I love dogs.
    Rubi x
    The Den

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's ADORABLE Olivia!!! I'm a cat person, not a dog person but this little fella is really cuuute!

    ReplyDelete