4.8.14

The Ultimate Bloody Mary



If there's one cocktail I can drink at any time of the day, it's a Bloody Mary.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a delicious tomato drink that is perhaps the only alcoholic beverage that's acceptable to drink before lunch time. And I like mine as spicy as they come.

The great thing about this drink is that you can add all kinds of ingredients to suit your taste; it's kind of like a soup cocktail.

Seeing as this is one of my specialities, and is always at the top of Rob's Dad's requests, I thought I'd share my recipe with you.

What you'll need:
  • Tomato Juice. I use 'Big Tom' if it's available, but normal tomato juice will do.
  • A single measure of vodka: optional. To be honest, you can't really taste it, but if you're at a party then just a single shot adds a tipsy kick.
  • A couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
  • 2 or 3 drips of Tabasco.
  • Ice
  • A grind of fresh pepper.
  • A gherkin and lemon, or a stick of celery to garnish and nibble on as you drink.
Pop all of these into a glass and give it a big stir, adding another grind of pepper over the top to make it look fancy.

The world really is your oyster when it comes to making this delicious drink. I've made mine with olives, sticks of asparagus and even a dash of horseradish for that up-your-nose mustard kick.

Knock one up at your next party and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment