11.9.14

RECIPE: Moroccan Lamb Pittas

I can probably argue that lamb is my favourite meat. I definitely don't cook it often enough, but when I do, I go all out.

These Moroccan lamb pittas will be an absolute favourite if you're cooking for guests, or as a delicious dinner for two.

 

You will need:
- Lamb mince
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander
- Ground pepper to season
- 3 sprigs of spring onion
- Spinach, rocket or any other green leaf you want in your burger
- Pittas, warmed up
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 egg white
- Tzatziki
- Rice (I used Jasmine) and peas for your side dish


1. Chop red onion, garlic and coriander and add it into a bowl with the lamb mince. Add 2 tbsp sunflower oil, the egg white and some ground pepper and mush it all together - there's no finer tool than your hands, so don't be afraid to get a little messy!

2. Make some patties, whatever size you want them to be, and then pop them into the oven for 30 mins, gas mark 7.

3. Whilst your lamb is in the oven, start to prepare your rice and peas, or whatever else you're using as a side dish.

4. Once the lamb is done, I usually pop them under the grill for another 10 minutes just to get that nice browned off look.

5. Now add your green leaves and spring onions to your warmed pittas, a spoonful of tzatziki, and you're ready to go! Yum yum.

If you make any of my recipes, don't forget to take a snap and tag me on Instagram! @oliviakateslack

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible Olivia! I'm bookmarking this for a lunch recipe next week (:

    ReplyDelete